Frmer care wrker cleared f theft fllwing appeal
FORMER care wrker Elaine Sindall has been celebrating this week, after her name was cleared by the Crwn Curt. Last Octber, Mrs Sindall was fund guilty f stealing £20 frm a client, fllwing a trial at Ely curthuse. But Cambridge Crwn Curt quash
FORMER care wrker Elaine Sindall has been celebrating this week, after her name was cleared by the Crwn Curt.
Last Octber, Mrs Sindall was fund guilty f stealing £20 frm a client, fllwing a trial at Ely curthuse.
But Cambridge Crwn Curt quashed her cnvictin when she went t appeal, deciding there was nt enugh evidence against her.
"I had t g t appeal, I knew I was inncent," said a jubilant Mrs Sindall. "When yu get a cnvictin like that, mud sticks."
Glad t be free f a criminal recrd, Mrs Sindall said: "I just want t get n with my life and put this terrible time behind me."
Mrs Sindall, 47, f Fleet Clse, Littleprt, is nw jb hunting, but has decided she can never g back t the caring prfessin.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 8 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 Inclusivity at the heart of Dr Pip's goals ahead of Ely by-election
"They say ld peple are vulnerable, but carers are als in a vulnerable psitin," she added. "I was a gd carer but I dn't feel I culd g back t it.