Friends Lend A Helping Hand in Ely's Jubilee Gardens
A SONG and dance event in Jubilee Gardens on May Day, was well attended in spite of the weather and raised more than �90 for charity. The Goldsmith Singers entertained with songs and the Octagon Studios delighted the audience with an impressive display
A SONG and dance event in Jubilee Gardens on May Day, was well attended in spite of the weather and raised more than �90 for charity. The Goldsmith Singers entertained with songs and the Octagon Studios delighted the audience with an impressive display of classical, modern and tap dance. Thanks to their generous efforts just over �92 was collected.
Towards the end of April, 25 'friends' of Jubilee Gardens, selected by ballot, were privileged to visit Highgrove, the gardens of HRH the Prince of Wales. A day to remember for all those who attended.
Immediate plans are for several working sessions in the gardens. The pruning and cutting back are now completed and the next task is to plant up the new winter garden. Volunteers are welcome to come and help with this. Anyone wishing to help or to become a Friend of Jubilee Gardens for just �5 per year should contact Sheila Friend Smith on 01353 663118.
Pic cap: some of the 'friends' planting in Jubilee Gardens.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000