Friends clock up the miles - and the cash - on three-day charity trek
- Credit: Archant
A group of friends from Ely raised more than £350 for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust by taking on car trek across Europe.
Jon Seager, 29, and teammates Stuart Miller, Ben Wright and Craig Trower completed the ‘Barcelona Bangers’ challenge, a driving from Calais to Barcelona in three days.
Mr Seager’s daughter Charlie, two, was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at six weeks old and inspired him and the team to complete the feat.
Mr Seager said: “I and some of my teammates have entered ‘Barcelona Bangers’ before and thoroughly enjoyed it. Since my daughter was born and was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis, we thought it would be a great fundraising event to take part in again to raise awareness for her condition and as much money as possible.
“We have had a long few days, but we have seen some fantastic views and met some great people along the way. The team have been brilliant with sharing the driving.”
The challenge was split into three days beginning on May 21; day one being a 324 mile trip from Calais to Biarritz, day two tours to Biarritz and day three the final leg from Biarritz to Barcelona.
Cystic Fibrosis Trust fund-raiser, Claire Milloy, said: “This is an amazing challenge that Jon and the team are taking on to raise vital funds and awareness for Charlie and others who have cystic fibrosis.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 3 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 4 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 5 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 6 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 7 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 8 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 9 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
“Money raised by the team will enable the Cystic Fibrosis Trust to invest in cutting-edge research to develop better treatments. It will also provide support to those with cystic fibrosis and their families and help the Trust to drive up standards in medical care.”
Anyone wanting to help Jon and the team with their fundraising may do so by visiting: http://www.justgiving.com/BB2015