Friends can pay respects at funeral of murdered sisters
THE funerals of Davina and Jasmine Baker will take place on Friday. It will be at Cambridge Crematorium at 4pm. The girls family has issued invites to everyone who knew the girls. Inquests on the two teenage sisters found stabbed to death at their mother
THE funerals of Davina and Jasmine Baker will take place on Friday.
It will be at Cambridge Crematorium at 4pm.
The girls' family has issued invites to everyone who knew the girls.
Inquests on the two teenage sisters found stabbed to death at their mother's home in Stretham were opened and adjourned at Wisbech Coroner's Court last Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
The bodies of 13-year-old Jasmine and 16-year-old Davina were found at The Crofters, on June 13. Their mother, Rekha Kumari-Baker, 39, has been charged with murder.
Miss Kumari-Baker has been remanded in custody to reappear before Cambridge Crown Court on October 12. Post-mortem examinations have revealed both girls died from multiple stab wounds to the chest.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 7 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
Police have confirmed that Miss Kumari-Baker will not be attending the funeral. It is not clear if she chose not to attend or whether police barred her.