Friday's Ely Lights Switch-On Will Be Bigger And Better This Year
THE Christmas Light switch-on in Ely is set to be bigger than ever this year with dance troops, camels and even a dash of the X Factor. The event is taking place on November 27 from 4.30pm on the city s Market Square with stalls, fairground rides, and foo
THE Christmas Light switch-on in Ely is set to be bigger than ever this year with dance troops, camels and even a dash of the X Factor.
The event is taking place on November 27 from 4.30pm on the city's Market Square with stalls, fairground rides, and food vendors stretching along Market Street and High Street.
Ely's Lighthouse Centre will once again be hosting a live nativity complete with camels and donkeys and a Santa's Grotto will open at 5pm.
For this year's event hit 70s group Odyssey will be performing some of their greatest hits including Native New Yorker and Weekend Lover. Also on the bill, organisers are hoping to get an act from this year's X Factor to perform live as well as help to switch on the city's lights.
You may also want to watch:
Despite a period of heavy rain on Sunday, the Ely Light Brigade team, mananaged by Mike Colyer and Nigel Clarke, completed the task of installing and testing the city's Christmas.
"Our volunteer engineers will be on duty again on Friday for final testing and system activation," said volunteer Philip Sindall.
- 1 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 2 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute
- 5 Letter: Final call to book Covid vaccination
- 6 Mildenhall speedway star to be remembered with honorary stand
- 7 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
INFO: contact: Ian Newstead of the Ely Lions 07711492075 for information about stalls.