Fresh warning for homeowners following Soham chimney blaze
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have urged homeowners to check on their chimneys following a fire in Soham on Sunday.
A crew from Newmarket was called to a chimney fire in College Road shortly after 4.30pm.
Firefighters used chimney rodding and hose reels to extinguish the blaze and returned to their stations by 5.45pm. The cause of the fire was accidental.
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
And firefighters from Cambridge and Ely were also kept busy on Sunday tackling a car fire in Station Road, Wilburton.
The crews were called at 2.42pm and arrived to find a car stored in a barn had caught fire. Firefighters used hose reels to extinguish the blaze and returned to their stations by 3.45pm. The cause of the fire is unknown.