Fresh warning after spate of tool thefts
- Credit: Archant
A spate of thefts which has seen a large quantity of tools taken from vehicles in the Soham area has prompted a fresh warning from police.
Officers received reports of three incidents of vans being broken into and tools stolen in the Soham area between April 12 and 15.
Police have warned vehicle owners to ensure their tools are removed overnight to deter criminals.
PCSO Ian Hawkins said: “If you have a works van or your know someone who does, please make sure to remove the tools wherever possible overnight.
“If this is not possible make sure that power tools in particular are stored in a locked box in the van and that it is parked somewhere well lit with whatever security measures you prefer.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the thefts should contact PCSO Hawkins on 101.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound