Fresh plans entered for new village pharmacy
- Credit: Archant
A pharmaceutical company has returned with fresh plans to open a new pharmacy just yards from a medical centre in Littleport.
Alchemy Pharmaceuticals has applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council for permission to change the use of a house in Parsons Lane into a pharmacy.
The application comes just weeks after a first set of plans entered by the company were withdrawn.
Alchemy Pharmaceuticals used to occupy a unit in St George’s Medical Centre, also in Parsons Lane, but was asked by the surgery to leave in September, causing an outcry among patients, who claimed the business was given little more than two weeks notice.
In its new plans, Alchemy has requested retrospective permission to erect signs for a new pharmacy at 2 Parsons Lane, just yards from its former home in the medical centre.
You may also want to watch:
Alchemy say the pharmacy would have created four full-time and one part-time job and would have been open from 8am-10.30pm, Monday to Saturday; and 8am-9pm on Sundays and bank holidays.
To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor