Fresh plans entered for new village pharmacy
- Credit: Archant
A pharmaceutical company has returned with fresh plans to open a new pharmacy just yards from a medical centre in Littleport.
Alchemy Pharmaceuticals has applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council for permission to change the use of a house in Parsons Lane into a pharmacy.
The application comes just weeks after a first set of plans entered by the company were withdrawn.
Alchemy Pharmaceuticals used to occupy a unit in St George’s Medical Centre, also in Parsons Lane, but was asked by the surgery to leave in September, causing an outcry among patients, who claimed the business was given little more than two weeks notice.
In its new plans, Alchemy has requested retrospective permission to erect signs for a new pharmacy at 2 Parsons Lane, just yards from its former home in the medical centre.
You may also want to watch:
Alchemy say the pharmacy would have created four full-time and one part-time job and would have been open from 8am-10.30pm, Monday to Saturday; and 8am-9pm on Sundays and bank holidays.
To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 6 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity