Ten-week yoga programme offered to NHS patients in east Cambridgeshire free of charge
- Credit: Supplied
A free 10-week yoga programme is being offered to NHS patients in east Cambridgeshire.
The classes will be offered as part of a collaboration between the Yoga In Healthcare Alliance, local NHS trust and GPs in Ely, Soham and Littleport.
If you are at risk of cardiovascular disease, Type 2 diabetes, suffers stress, anxiety or mild depression, or who is socially isolated, the 'Yoga4Health' programme could be for you.
Ten weeks of classes, suitable for all abilities, start on Friday, March 6 in the conference room at the Princess of Wales Hospital, Lynn Road, Ely.
Each class lasts two hours and includes psycho-education, breathing, posture work (done in a chair or on a yoga mat - provided), relaxation and discussion.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "The 'Yoga on Prescription Yoga4Health' 10-week programme is the only NHS-commissioned social prescribing protocol for yoga.
"It is a standardised and evidence-based programme that was created by experts in yoga and yoga therapy and evaluated by the University of Westminster."
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
Patients wishing to take part in the free classes must pre-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 07782 413146.
The Ely Yoga4Health classes are delivered by Paul Fox BWY Dip, PGCE, who has more than 20 years of teaching experience.