Ten-week yoga programme offered to NHS patients in east Cambridgeshire free of charge
- Credit: Supplied
A free 10-week yoga programme is being offered to NHS patients in east Cambridgeshire.
The classes will be offered as part of a collaboration between the Yoga In Healthcare Alliance, local NHS trust and GPs in Ely, Soham and Littleport.
If you are at risk of cardiovascular disease, Type 2 diabetes, suffers stress, anxiety or mild depression, or who is socially isolated, the 'Yoga4Health' programme could be for you.
Ten weeks of classes, suitable for all abilities, start on Friday, March 6 in the conference room at the Princess of Wales Hospital, Lynn Road, Ely.
Each class lasts two hours and includes psycho-education, breathing, posture work (done in a chair or on a yoga mat - provided), relaxation and discussion.
A spokesman said: "The 'Yoga on Prescription Yoga4Health' 10-week programme is the only NHS-commissioned social prescribing protocol for yoga.
"It is a standardised and evidence-based programme that was created by experts in yoga and yoga therapy and evaluated by the University of Westminster."
- 1 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 2 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 ‘If it wasn’t for NICU I possibly wouldn’t be here today’ - Darren fundraising for Addenbrooke's
- 9 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
Patients wishing to take part in the free classes must pre-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 07782 413146.
The Ely Yoga4Health classes are delivered by Paul Fox BWY Dip, PGCE, who has more than 20 years of teaching experience.