Surf the web for free in Soham as town centre Wi-Fi launches
- Credit: Archant
Soham residents will be able to surf the web for free as the district council rolls out its public Wi-Fi services.
Five Wi-Fi hotspots have gone live in Soham allowing users to log on when they are ‘on the go’ via their phones or tablets.
East Cambridgeshire District Council’s economic development team has been at the forefront of developing the network with local specialist company Air Broadband.
The first area to have free public Wi-Fi in the district was delivered in December to Ely.
Leader of East Cambridgeshire District Council, Councillor Charles Roberts, said: “I’m really pleased to see the roll-out of our free Wi-Fi hotspots reach Soham in such a short space of time.”
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Mark Goldsack, who represents Soham North Ward, said: “This is an exciting time for East Cambridgeshire.
“It’s great to see Soham become the next location for public free Wi-Fi and I’m sure it will be a huge asset to the town.”
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall