Free NHS health checks in Cambridgeshire if you’re aged 40 to 74
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Free NHS health checks are being offered to residents in Cambridgeshire aged 40-74 years to help detect early health issues.
The 20-30 minutes checks, which are funded by Cambridgeshire County Council will include monitoring blood pressure, weight, cholesterol and lifestyle factors that influence health.
By booking a check, residents could find out how likely they are to get heart or kidney disease, diabetes or have a stroke in the future.
Those aged over 65 are also told about the signs and symptoms of dementia.
Between April 2017 and March 2018, more than 20,500 NHS Health Checks were completed across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, an increase of 14 per cent from the previous year.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Liz Robin, director of public health for Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “By finding out early, before serious damage is done, you could potentially make lifestyle changes that would massively reduce, or in some cases, eliminate your risk of dying early as a result of these conditions.”
If you’re aged between 40-74 years and do not currently have a long-term health condition you should have an NHS health check every five years.
For more information about Heath Checks, visit: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/be-well/resources-and-campaigns/nhs-health-checks-programme/ or the NHS website at http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/nhs-health-check/Pages/NHS-Health-Check.aspx
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
You can also book a check at the Everyone Health’s Changepoint Lifestyle Service at a clinic nearby on 0333 005 0093 or firstname.lastname@example.org