Free NHS health checks in Cambridgeshire if you’re aged 40 to 74
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Free NHS health checks are being offered to residents in Cambridgeshire aged 40-74 years to help detect early health issues.
The 20-30 minutes checks, which are funded by Cambridgeshire County Council will include monitoring blood pressure, weight, cholesterol and lifestyle factors that influence health.
By booking a check, residents could find out how likely they are to get heart or kidney disease, diabetes or have a stroke in the future.
Those aged over 65 are also told about the signs and symptoms of dementia.
Between April 2017 and March 2018, more than 20,500 NHS Health Checks were completed across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, an increase of 14 per cent from the previous year.
Dr Liz Robin, director of public health for Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “By finding out early, before serious damage is done, you could potentially make lifestyle changes that would massively reduce, or in some cases, eliminate your risk of dying early as a result of these conditions.”
If you’re aged between 40-74 years and do not currently have a long-term health condition you should have an NHS health check every five years.
For more information about Heath Checks, visit: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/be-well/resources-and-campaigns/nhs-health-checks-programme/ or the NHS website at http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/nhs-health-check/Pages/NHS-Health-Check.aspx
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 3 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
You can also book a check at the Everyone Health’s Changepoint Lifestyle Service at a clinic nearby on 0333 005 0093 or email@example.com