Babylon ARTS to host afternoon of free live music at Ely’s Jubilee Garden’s bandstand
- Credit: Archant
Babylon ARTS will host an afternoon of free live music at Ely’s Jubilee Garden’s bandstand on Saturday August 25.
Bring a picnic and come along to listen to some local musicians perform in the sunshine from 2.30-4.30pm.
This year’s line up features Josh Aitken, Alfie & Chris Williams and Karen & Co.
All the acts are Ely-based and have made their mark on the local music scheme.
Last month singer-songwriter Josh Aitken was selected to perform at Ely Folk Festival as part of their youth folk challenge.
He has just released an EP titled ‘A Case OF Heart Break’ and has a reputation for delivering his own unique take on pop classics.
Chris Williams was frontman of Ely’s own Brit-pop heroes Beach Blanket Bingo.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 4 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
He will be joined by his guitar virtuoso son Alfie to share their mixture of classic tunes.
Karen & Co have been regular performers on the local music scenes for over 10 years, including performing at Ely’s Party in the Park and Innovation Music Nights. Expect a cheeky mix of acoustic disco and poppy folk.