Babylon ARTS to host afternoon of free live music at Ely’s Jubilee Garden’s bandstand
- Credit: Archant
Babylon ARTS will host an afternoon of free live music at Ely’s Jubilee Garden’s bandstand on Saturday August 25.
Bring a picnic and come along to listen to some local musicians perform in the sunshine from 2.30-4.30pm.
This year’s line up features Josh Aitken, Alfie & Chris Williams and Karen & Co.
All the acts are Ely-based and have made their mark on the local music scheme.
Last month singer-songwriter Josh Aitken was selected to perform at Ely Folk Festival as part of their youth folk challenge.
You may also want to watch:
He has just released an EP titled ‘A Case OF Heart Break’ and has a reputation for delivering his own unique take on pop classics.
Chris Williams was frontman of Ely’s own Brit-pop heroes Beach Blanket Bingo.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
He will be joined by his guitar virtuoso son Alfie to share their mixture of classic tunes.
Karen & Co have been regular performers on the local music scenes for over 10 years, including performing at Ely’s Party in the Park and Innovation Music Nights. Expect a cheeky mix of acoustic disco and poppy folk.