Free exercise taster day for people with Parkinson’s is coming to Ely
- Credit: Archant
A free taster day for people living with Parkinson’s disease is to be held at the Larkfield’s Centre in Ely.
The event, which takes place on Friday July 14 from 10.30am to 3pm, is aimed at helping people manage the symptoms, and to find out what exercise classes they would like provided on a regular basis.
The day will feature taster workshops including singing, seated exercise, mindfulness, laughter yoga, and a recycled material craft workshop.
There will also be a talk about the research behind exercise, and a practical demonstration of exercises to help improve strength and balance.
Julie Wilson, area development manager for Parkinson’s UK, said: “The classes are open to all abilities, so we hope to see lots of people there.”
You may also want to watch:
Entry costs £2.50 each and includes lunch and refreshments.
Contact Julie Wilson on 0300 123 3675 or email@example.com for info.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely