Four and out for Dave: Ely fundraiser to trek across 10 miles of rough terrain for charity one last time
- Credit: Archant
A courageous Ely man is looking to take part in his last ever ‘Paras 10’ event tomorrow in style by raising hundreds of pounds for charity.
Dave Cole, who works at removals company Bishop’s Move in the city, is to carry a 36lb rucksack across 10 miles of tough terrain for the fourth and final time in an attempt to raise money for the Veterans In Action appeal.
Dave will kit himself out in military gear as he navigates across the P Company Cross Country route at the garrison training area in Colchester this Sunday (May 15), and he’s raring to go as his big day draws nearer.
He said: “This will probably be my last Paras’10 event but you can never really say never. You can quite easily become addicted to the camaraderie of such events and the way it can push you to your limits. They are highly rewarding.
“The Veterans In Action appeal is a charity very close to my heart and it’s an honour to be doing this military style event on behalf of them and the individuals they represent and support.”
You may also want to watch:
Veterans In Action (VIA) is a UK-based charity, specialising in the social reintegration of socially excluded HM Forces Veterans. The aim of the organisation is to develop a national Veteran support framework centring on the principles of Outreach Work and Adventurous Activities, in support of the UK’s Veteran community.
VIA plays a vital role in supporting ex-military personnel suffering with post-traumatic stress disorder, and Dave has already smashed his target of £500 by raising £669 so far.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
If you would like to support and sponsor Dave, please visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=davecole1.