Foster carer from Stretham is awarded for her natural warmth and humour during a presentation ceremony
- Credit: Archant
A foster carer from Stretham has received a long service award to recognise her work with Cambridgeshire’s looked after children and young people.
Christine Emmings joined carers from across the county to take part in the county council’s Foster Carer Awards Ceremony.
The event is an annual celebration of the local authority’s foster carers and is an opportunity for carers, their children and the children they foster to get together for an evening of fun and entertainment.
Christine’s award marks her tenth year as a foster carer.
During this time she has cared for many children on a short and longer term basis.
You may also want to watch:
One of the young people in Christine’s care recently became a Staying Put placement, giving her the opportunity to stay with Christine as she reaches adulthood.
Cllr Joan Whitehead, chair of the Children and Young People’s Committee presented the awards.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
“It was a great honour to join so many of our dedicated foster carers at this event and to celebrate the vital role they play in transforming the lives of local children and young people,” she said.
As she received her award, Christine was described as “having natural warmth, a down to earth approach and great sense of humour which helps the children in her care to feel at ease and settle well”.
• If you feel you could follow in Christine’s footsteps please call 0800 052 0078 or visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/fostering and find out more about fostering with Cambridgeshire County Council.