Former Soham Village College student dies in collision on A11 - driver of second car arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, drink driving and failing to stop
- Credit: Staff
A former Soham Village College student has been named by police as the driver who died on the A11 at Red Lodge, near Mildenhall.
Lauren Danks, 22, of Soham, was a beauty therapist at Centre Parcs Elveden. After leaving college she continued her studies at Cambridge Regional College.
Hundreds of tributes have been paid to Lauren on social media with friends shocked at her death.
”Lauren was such a wonderful girl always smiling and happy,” wrote on friend.
“I have such fond memories of her that I will treasure forever.
You may also want to watch:
“She will be so greatly missed by all that knew her.”
Another said: “Lauren was so beautiful inside and out.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
“This is heartbreaking to hear,”
Lauren was found inside her car just after midnight on Thursday.
Officers were after hearing a vehicle had been found off the road on the A11 southbound.
Police began a collision investigation and discovered a second vehicle – a Jaguar – had been involved. This vehicle was then traced and recovered by police.
A 63-year-old man from the Brandon area has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, drink driving, and failing to stop following a road traffic collision.
He was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning and has been released on bail until May next year pending further enquiries.
Anyone who was travelling along the A11 between Red Lodge and Barton Mills, from between10pm and midnight on Thursday 10 November, who has any information relating to this collision, is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting CAD 2 of 11 November.