Former Mayor of Ely Councillor Ian Lindsay donates £2,500 to Cambridgeshire Red Cross
- Credit: Archant
The former Mayor of Ely has given the Cambridgeshire Red Cross a big boost in the form of a £2,500 donation.
Councillor Ian Lindsay handed over the cheque to Rosie Gutteridge MBE, president of the charity’s Cambridgeshire branch, last week after fundraising throughout his time as mayor.
He held various fundraising events, such as quiz nights and fashion shows involving local companies.
Caroline Hudson, senior fundraiser for the Cambridgeshire Red Cross, said: “This huge donation will be used to directly help those in need in the county.
“It is a fantastic amount and huge thanks go out to the people of Ely for supporting the events and helping to achieve this amazing total.”
You may also want to watch:
At the heart of the Red Cross’ work is providing help to people in crisis, both in the UK and overseas and has over 32,000 volunteers.
For more information, visit www.redcross.org.uk.
- 1 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 2 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 3 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 4 Cast announced for open-air musical in cathedral grounds
- 5 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Hundreds of singers and musicians capture ‘Spirit of the Fens’ at concert
- 8 Councillors to spend £1m in bid to tackle climate change
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute