Former Mayor of Ely Councillor Ian Lindsay donates £2,500 to Cambridgeshire Red Cross
- Credit: Archant
The former Mayor of Ely has given the Cambridgeshire Red Cross a big boost in the form of a £2,500 donation.
Councillor Ian Lindsay handed over the cheque to Rosie Gutteridge MBE, president of the charity’s Cambridgeshire branch, last week after fundraising throughout his time as mayor.
He held various fundraising events, such as quiz nights and fashion shows involving local companies.
Caroline Hudson, senior fundraiser for the Cambridgeshire Red Cross, said: “This huge donation will be used to directly help those in need in the county.
“It is a fantastic amount and huge thanks go out to the people of Ely for supporting the events and helping to achieve this amazing total.”
You may also want to watch:
At the heart of the Red Cross’ work is providing help to people in crisis, both in the UK and overseas and has over 32,000 volunteers.
For more information, visit www.redcross.org.uk.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 7 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told