Former Fordham Primary School headteacher Kevin Bullock publishes first children’s book to help East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
- Credit: Archant
The former headteacher of Fordham Primary School has published his first children’s book.
Kevin Bullock, who is now retired, has penned The Animals of Blipp - a book about a group of animals who leave Earth for another planet.
All profits from sales of the 63-year-old’s book will go to East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
Mr Bullock, of Fornham St Martin, near Bury St Edmunds, visited St Christopher’s Primary School in Red Lodge this week to read the story – which he first thought of 20 years ago – to excited pupils.
He said: “I have been telling this story for around 20 years to pupils. I found a publisher and my niece did the art work.
You may also want to watch:
“The children seem to love the interactive element of the story and at the end they are all throwing their hands up in the air.”
Mr Bullock, who is a lifelong Ipswich Town fan, added that £1,000 has already been raised for EACH through sales.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Man found dead in March
Fordham Primary School, on Isleham Road, was awarded three consecutive outstanding ratings from Ofsted since Mr Bullock joined in 1995 from Tudor Primary School in Sudbury.
Visit www.theanimalsofblipp.com to buy the book.