Former Ely footballer and sports journalist will be in the city to sign copies of his new book
- Credit: Archant
A former Ely footballer and sports journalist will be in the city to sign copies of a book he has written about a sporting career that spans 43 years.
Stephen Green 55, netted a publishing deal after penning his tale over a period of six years.
He will be in Ely on Thursday May 5 at the Lamb Hotel from 10.30am to sign copies of the book ‘Ely’s Midge Green - the story of a six foot four centre forward in a five foot nine body’.
It tells the tale of how the beautiful game took him all over the country, meeting many people and bringing a huge dose of positivity along the way.
Stephen said: “To be involved in any sport is a great boost to keeping fit, meeting people and having a positive focus.
You may also want to watch:
“For me football has been crucial to life.
“My high point was playing Aston Villa in 1978 when I played for King’s Lynn. We drew 2-2 and I scored both goals, that is a definite career highlight.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
The book charts his game from the age of 12 when he played for Ely Crusaders and takes the reader through his experiences playing for Cambridge City, King’s Lynn, Bury Town, Ely Park Rangers and now for Gamlingay along with writing for the Ely Standard sports pages.
The book is available through Amazon and Waterstone’s and is in paperback £7.99 or hardback £13.99.