Forget the General Election - the Sutton Primary School election race is really hotting up!
- Credit: Archant
Extra play time is certain to be a big vote winner when pupils at Sutton Primary School go to the polls today.
Shortlisted candidates have been hard at work over the past week preparing their manifestos and they will be delivered to classmates today before the all-important vote takes place.
The results of the ballots, taking place in all 12 classes, will be announced in a special assembly on Friday and the winners will be elected to the school’s council.
Deputy head teacher Dan Smith said two boys and two girls from each class had been selected to run for a council place and had been busy preparing their election promises – though the manifestos were vetted to make sure nothing too outlandish was put forward!
“We have asked them to think about the sort of things they could bring to the school but they need to be truthful, of course,” said Mr Smith.
You may also want to watch:
“We ran elections last year and there was a lot of excitement around it. It’s a good way of giving the pupils a voice and getting them involved in the running of the school as they may notice or pick up on things that we don’t as teachers and leaders.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack