Forensic tests to continue at home of murdered pensioner
FORENSIC tests will be carried out at the home of murdered Llywelyn Thomas for at least another three weeks, police have said.
Detectives investigating the death of the 76-year-old say forensic examinations will continue at the house in Ely Road, Chittering, until the end of January.
Police found Mr Thomas’ body at the home on the afternoon on Sunday, December 18. He was last seen alive at about 6.30pm the previous evening.
One line of inquiry is that Mr Thomas was killed after a burglary went wrong. His silver Rover 75 estate was discovered in Church Lane, Milton, at about 11pm on Saturday, December 17.
Detective Superintendent Jeff Hill said: “We have been carrying out forensic examinations at the house since the discovery of Mr Thomas’ body.
You may also want to watch:
“A number of submissions have been made for analysis, but there is still a lot of work to be done.
“We believe at least two people were in the house when he died, if there is a trace of them in the property we will find it.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
Police are continuing to appeal to witnesses who saw Mr Thomas’ silver Rover between Chittering and Milton. It had mechanical problems and would have made a lot of noise when being driven and could only manage low speeds.
Anyone with any information should call the Major Investigations Team on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.