Resident’s anger at ‘perpetual’ double yellow line parking problems
- Credit: Peter Wells
An east Cambridgeshire resident has expressed his anger and frustration at “perpetual” parking problems on a city centre's double yellow lines.
Peter Wells from Witchford has photographed several vans parked on double yellow lines at Forehill in Ely, blocking traffic from flowing freely through the city.
“If I parked my car there, I would get a ticket,” said Mr Wells.
“Why do I have to wait at either end of Forehill for traffic to come up or down what has become a one-lane road with traffic flowing in both directions?
“I came back up Forehill more than half an hour later, and the vans were still there, so the ‘I'm only here for a minute, mate’ response doesn't cut it with me.”
You may also want to watch:
In a selection of photographs sent in by Mr Wells, vans can be seen parked either side of the road, only allowing one car through at a time.
One photograph shows the ‘Zipper’ bus struggling to navigate the road, driving between two white vans parked on double yellow lines.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol