Testing company LGC expands site at Fordham as part of three-year development plan
- Credit: Archant
A Fordham testing company has completed the next stage of its expansion.
LGC, which tests products for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, has added two new 170 square metre laboratories at its Newmarket Road base.
The work, which began in July, is part of a three-year expansion programme which aims to double the number of laboratories and office space as well as bringing in 100 new staff.
Dr Derek Craston, chief scientific officer, said, “We’re really excited about the development and expansion of our Fordham site.
“This investment will initially support our large molecule bioanalysis business, and is part of our ongoing plan to take advantage of our strong analytical capabilities and help us address the needs of customers around the world.
You may also want to watch:
“By investing in this area of our business LGC is very much reinforcing our core vision of ‘Science for a safer world’, and our customers will benefit from integrated analytical and manufacturing solutions spanning lead discovery through to the clinic and beyond.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound