Fordham service station, said to be ‘an integral part of the community’, up for industry award
- Credit: Archant
A petrol station in Fordham has made it to the finals of this year’s SuperStation awards.
The service station, on Carter Street, Ely, is in the running to win the title of Best Pace Forecourt.
Having established itself as a focal point for Fordham, site manager Vijay, and his family, have made an extensive effort to involve themselves, and the business, in activities in the area.
The site provides the services of both a filling station and convenience store and is also regarded as a meeting point for members of the local community.
The awards, which are hosted by Certas Energy, are open to around 1,200 independent petrol retailers in Britain.
You may also want to watch:
Steve White, general manager at Certas Energy, said: “This is our fifth year hosting these awards, with the standard of entries improving each year.
“The role Fordham Service Station plays in the local community makes it a strong contender for this award.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
“Site manager, Vijay, prides himself on positioning the site as an integral part of the community, which he has successfully achieved.”
Three finalists from the category will be invited to attend the Superstation Gala Dinner at Heythrop Park in Oxfordshire on Thursday October 8.