Fordham garden centre supports two charities with a ladies night and a walk
- Credit: Archant
A garden centre is raising funds for a charity that creates beautiful spaces for children who are in end of life care hospices.
Scotsdales,in Fordham, is also raising money for breast cancer care.
They are sponsoring a charity walk and hosting a ladies night at its sister branch in Great Shelford tomorrow night (Weds 8).
Both events support Greenfingers Charity and Breast Cancer Now.
Becky Owen, marketing and development manager at Scotsdales, said: “We are delighted to continue support of both Greenfingers Charity, which builds recreational and therapeutic gardens in the grounds of children’s hospices, and Breast Cancer Now, which is dedicated to funding research into the disease.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re encouraging our staff members and the wider public to get involved and get behind these causes.
“Both events promise to be a lot of fun and memorable occasions.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
• Ladies Night is at Scotsdales in Great Shelford on Wednesday 8 March from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
The evening features live music, speciality alcohol, chocolate tastings, master classes in floral arrangements and scarf tying.
Complementary drinks and canapes will be served. Each guest receives a goody bag and will be automatically entered into a prize draw to win a luxury hamper worth £150.
Tickets are £7.50. Booking required. Call 01223 842777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The second event is the Greenfingers Charity Garden Re-Leaf Day Walk on Friday March 17, sponsored by Scotsdales.
Hundreds of walkers are expected to join in, with the option of either a 20-mile or more leisurely 10-mile walk.
It starts at 10am at Scotsdales in Horningsea and passes through the heart of Cambridge, including Jesus College and the Botanic Gardens, before finishing at Scotsdales in Great Shelford.
• To support visit the Scotsdales JustGiving page or visit www.gardenreleaf.co.uk/gardenreleafwalk2017.