Fordham Charity Group and Wicken Coronation Band to perform concert in aid of The Alzheimers Society
- Credit: Archant
The Fordham Charity Group and Wicken Coronation Band will stage a special concert in Fordham’s Victoria Hall on Saturday April 16.
‘The Best of British and beyond’ will celebrate the queen’s 90th birthday, St George’s Day and the 36th running of the London Marathon.
The concert will star The Wicken Coronation Band, including the Junior section and keyboard player, Frank Taylor.
The first half will feature music from the UK and the second half music from around the world.
Tickets, £6 each, are available from Fancy Pants shop in Fordham, Brenda’s Flowers, Soham, or by calling 01638 720674.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds will be shared between the band and The Alzheimers Society.
One member of the band will be running the London marathon the following week to raise funds for the same charity.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
The concert starts at 7.30pm.