Football Team Win Inter-Schools Competition
THE Year 3/4 boys football team from Robert Arkenstall Primary School beat off tough competition to triumph in an inter-schools football tournament. The team put in a sterling performance to take victory in the tournament, run by Witchford Village Colleg
THE Year 3/4 boys' football team from Robert Arkenstall Primary School beat off tough competition to triumph in an inter-schools football tournament.
The team put in a sterling performance to take victory in the tournament, run by Witchford Village College, scoring 21 goals and conceding only one in the six games that they played.
The team kicked off the day with a tough encounter against local rivals Rackham School. Both teams battled hard and cancelled each-other out in the end as the game finished locked at 0-0.
From then on the team came into their own and picked up some convincing victories over Stretham, Little Thetford, Wilburton, and Mepal & Witcham. In their final game of the day the team locked horns with Sutton and performed well to secure a 1-1 draw.
You may also want to watch:
To steal the title from Robert Arkenstall's clutches, Rackham needed to win by six goals, but they could only manage one and the victory was sealed.
Squad: Sam Jarvis, Elliot Martin, Joseph Alsop, Charlie Tunnell, Joshua Booy-Howlett, Joshua Lowe, Joshua Akinwumi, Thomas Goodjohn.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 Retired GP's death 'avoidable' if cause of severe chest pain was 'more thoroughly investigated'
- 5 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 6 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 7 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 8 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 9 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby