Football Team Win Inter-Schools Competition
THE Year 3/4 boys football team from Robert Arkenstall Primary School beat off tough competition to triumph in an inter-schools football tournament. The team put in a sterling performance to take victory in the tournament, run by Witchford Village Colleg
THE Year 3/4 boys' football team from Robert Arkenstall Primary School beat off tough competition to triumph in an inter-schools football tournament.
The team put in a sterling performance to take victory in the tournament, run by Witchford Village College, scoring 21 goals and conceding only one in the six games that they played.
The team kicked off the day with a tough encounter against local rivals Rackham School. Both teams battled hard and cancelled each-other out in the end as the game finished locked at 0-0.
From then on the team came into their own and picked up some convincing victories over Stretham, Little Thetford, Wilburton, and Mepal & Witcham. In their final game of the day the team locked horns with Sutton and performed well to secure a 1-1 draw.
To steal the title from Robert Arkenstall's clutches, Rackham needed to win by six goals, but they could only manage one and the victory was sealed.
Squad: Sam Jarvis, Elliot Martin, Joseph Alsop, Charlie Tunnell, Joshua Booy-Howlett, Joshua Lowe, Joshua Akinwumi, Thomas Goodjohn.
- 1 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 2 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 3 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 6 'She will be sorely missed' - Rev Teresa retires
- 7 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 8 New-look girls' team bolstered on and off the pitch
- 9 Air cadet Rory given fitting farewell after loyal service
- 10 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen