Football Team Win Inter-Schools Competition
THE Year 3/4 boys football team from Robert Arkenstall Primary School beat off tough competition to triumph in an inter-schools football tournament. The team put in a sterling performance to take victory in the tournament, run by Witchford Village Colleg
THE Year 3/4 boys' football team from Robert Arkenstall Primary School beat off tough competition to triumph in an inter-schools football tournament.
The team put in a sterling performance to take victory in the tournament, run by Witchford Village College, scoring 21 goals and conceding only one in the six games that they played.
The team kicked off the day with a tough encounter against local rivals Rackham School. Both teams battled hard and cancelled each-other out in the end as the game finished locked at 0-0.
From then on the team came into their own and picked up some convincing victories over Stretham, Little Thetford, Wilburton, and Mepal & Witcham. In their final game of the day the team locked horns with Sutton and performed well to secure a 1-1 draw.
You may also want to watch:
To steal the title from Robert Arkenstall's clutches, Rackham needed to win by six goals, but they could only manage one and the victory was sealed.
Squad: Sam Jarvis, Elliot Martin, Joseph Alsop, Charlie Tunnell, Joshua Booy-Howlett, Joshua Lowe, Joshua Akinwumi, Thomas Goodjohn.
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 8 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment