Football match is a fund raising success in memory of a popular Littleport man
- Credit: Archant
The Stuart Seekings Cup Final raised more than £900 for a brain tumour charity.
The cup was retained by winners Ely City who recorded the same score as last year’s final against Littleport.
They defeated Little Downham Swifts FC 3-1 at Ely City FC.
Stuart Seekings’ mother Julie Lewis said: “It was just a fantastic but an emotional evening for me.
“I am delighted Ely City won and that their guest player Jamie Gayfer of Littleport Town FC and ex Littleport team mate Soham’s Callum Butcher came up together to collect the winner’s trophy.”
You may also want to watch:
More than £900 was raised over the three matches played which will go towards Brain Tumour Charity, the disease that tragically took Stuart Seekings three years ago at the age of just 30.
Before the final Littleport Town committee member Cathy Gibb de Swarte invited all four officials to take part in her 22 press ups in 22 days challenge for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and they all obliged with a surprise round of applause after they completed the task.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
Littleport man Stuart died in 2013 after a long battle with cancer. Family and friends have raised more than £9,500 in his memory.