Football fan Dan hoping for plenty of support for charity walk
LITTLEPORT football fan Dan Gawthrop will be showing his true colours in September when he walks from Anfield to Ely in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Anfield is home to Premier League side Liverpool, and Dan plans to set out on his 160-mile walk from the gates of the famous old ground on his way to the finishing line at Ely City Football Club some six days later.
A campervan will be following the 22-year-old as he treks over roads and countryside but, apart from a bed to sleep on, Dan will be on his own for the duration, with only a change bucket and an iPod for company.
Dan chose to raise funds for the Teenage Cancer Trust Unit at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, to support the work they are doing with his cousin, who was diagnosed with a brain tumour earlier this year.
He said: “I’ve been playing a lot of football in pre-season with both Newmarket and Wilbraham so I’m hoping I will be in good shape for my walk.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like as many people as possible to be at Ely City when I arrive back and I appreciate any support people can offer me.”
To help Dan’s campaign visit: www.justgiving.com/Dan-GawthropECCF
- 1 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 9 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations