Mounds of rubbish dumped on car park and roadside in Soham and Fordham
- Credit: Archant
More than two tonnes of rubbish including sofas, tables and garden waste were found dumped in Soham and Fordham.
Environmental Crews from East Cambs District Council cleaned up Fountain Lane Car Park, Soham and Cockpen Lane, Fordham, after being alerted to the flytipping.
A post on their social media showed before and after photos of the two areas blighted by the waste.
It read: “The crew have collected over two tonnes of waste from these two areas.
“The environmental crime team are working alongside the crew to gather evidence and locate those responsible.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the next week, we will be bringing you updates on our efforts to clean up waste which has been left in our district from fly tipping. Today we visited Soham and Fordham, where amongst other items, we found two sofas.”
Residents took to Twitter to praise the council for their work.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 7 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
Christine Whelan tweeted: “Congratulations to the Environmental team for this work. Let’s hope the fly tippers are caught. Let’s keep the District free from rubbish.”
John Smith added: “Put a hidden camera up to catch the dumpers!”