Flower club’s open meeting is a real education
- Credit: Archant
More than 90 people attended the City of Ely Flower Club’s annual open meeting last Thursday.
Area demonstrator David Wright wowed the audience with a series of displays entitled It’s an Education.
Mr Wright carried on the theme by giving the audience a short quiz.
A charity raffle was also held and raised £129 for Maggie’s Wallace, which provides free support to people affected by cancer.
Margaret Dooling, from the flower club, said: “The quiz was fun, David was very entertaining and everyone had a thoroughly good time.
You may also want to watch:
“The hall looked stunning with white tablecloths with fine china. There was a real variety of table flower arrangements themed on the school curriculum which were amazing. A big thank you to all the members for providing the buffet, refreshments, table arrangements and also the committee for their hard work.”
The club’s next meeting takes place on Thursday, July 2, in Ely College, at 7.15pm.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
A cheque for £400 will be presented to a representative of Maggie’s Wallace from funds raised throughout the year. Everyone welcome.