Flower club’s open meeting is a real education
- Credit: Archant
More than 90 people attended the City of Ely Flower Club’s annual open meeting last Thursday.
Area demonstrator David Wright wowed the audience with a series of displays entitled It’s an Education.
Mr Wright carried on the theme by giving the audience a short quiz.
A charity raffle was also held and raised £129 for Maggie’s Wallace, which provides free support to people affected by cancer.
Margaret Dooling, from the flower club, said: “The quiz was fun, David was very entertaining and everyone had a thoroughly good time.
“The hall looked stunning with white tablecloths with fine china. There was a real variety of table flower arrangements themed on the school curriculum which were amazing. A big thank you to all the members for providing the buffet, refreshments, table arrangements and also the committee for their hard work.”
The club’s next meeting takes place on Thursday, July 2, in Ely College, at 7.15pm.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 3 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 4 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 5 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 6 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 7 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 8 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 9 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 10 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
A cheque for £400 will be presented to a representative of Maggie’s Wallace from funds raised throughout the year. Everyone welcome.