Flower club in Ely celebrates it 45th year
- Credit: Archant
The City of Ely Flower Club is celebrating 45 years since it was launched.
Joyce Svennson, president of the committee, members and visitors got together to mark the occasion.
Grace Bent, chairman was unable to attend.
She has served as chairman for 15 years and this will be her last year. She sent her good wishes to everyone for a successful evening.
A floral demonstration took place with flowers arranged by Jenni Baker which everyone enjoyed.
You may also want to watch:
The club holds 10 monthly meetings a year - of that there are two open meetings.
The club invites area and national demonstrators and open meetings start with a buffet.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 9 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
A raffle is held at each meeting and the winners choose a flower arrangement created by the demonstrator.
To welcome guests, a flower arrangement is created by one of the members and placed in the foyer, this is also included in the raffle.