Floats of fancy
Three Isleham school pupils will be leading a procession of floats through the village to the Recreation Ground where the Isleham Gala Day will take place on July 1. Caleb Long, 6, who was crowned Gala Prince, Lily Coo, 10, Gala Queen and Lola Harris, 6,
Three Isleham school pupils will be leading a procession of floats through the village to the Recreation Ground where the Isleham Gala Day will take place on
Caleb Long, 6, who was crowned Gala Prince, Lily Coo, 10, Gala Queen and Lola Harris, 6, Gala Princess will arrive at the Recreation Ground at
1pm to kick off the family fun day.
You may also want to watch:
The children beat off competition from 23 others in an event at Isleham Village Hall on May 12, where a disco was enjoyed by approximately 90 people.
The Gala Day will include various competitions, children's games and amusements, stalls and craft marquees as well as a barbecue and real ale at the bar. There will also be a dog show, a children's fun run and more.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
There is still time to book a stall, float or table in the craft marquee or a place in the Grand Parade and this can be done by ringing Barbara Murfitt on 01638 780373. The winning float receives £100, the runner-up gets £75 and there will be a prize of £50 for third place. All other floats will receive £15 for entering.
For more details about the dog show contact Jackie Riley on 07939 003681 and for general information about the Gala contact Roseanna Thompson on 01638 780994.