Floats of fancy
Three Isleham school pupils will be leading a procession of floats through the village to the Recreation Ground where the Isleham Gala Day will take place on July 1. Caleb Long, 6, who was crowned Gala Prince, Lily Coo, 10, Gala Queen and Lola Harris, 6,
Three Isleham school pupils will be leading a procession of floats through the village to the Recreation Ground where the Isleham Gala Day will take place on
Caleb Long, 6, who was crowned Gala Prince, Lily Coo, 10, Gala Queen and Lola Harris, 6, Gala Princess will arrive at the Recreation Ground at
1pm to kick off the family fun day.
The children beat off competition from 23 others in an event at Isleham Village Hall on May 12, where a disco was enjoyed by approximately 90 people.
The Gala Day will include various competitions, children's games and amusements, stalls and craft marquees as well as a barbecue and real ale at the bar. There will also be a dog show, a children's fun run and more.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
There is still time to book a stall, float or table in the craft marquee or a place in the Grand Parade and this can be done by ringing Barbara Murfitt on 01638 780373. The winning float receives £100, the runner-up gets £75 and there will be a prize of £50 for third place. All other floats will receive £15 for entering.
For more details about the dog show contact Jackie Riley on 07939 003681 and for general information about the Gala contact Roseanna Thompson on 01638 780994.