You can ‘travel the world without leaving Cambridgeshire’ this late May Bank Holiday weekend at Ely Markets
- Credit: Archant
Want to travel world but don’t have enough time or money? Why not come down to Ely Markets the late May Bank Holiday weekend?
The 'Flavours of the World' are returning to the city's High Street on Saturday, May 25 and will also take place in the Market Place on Sunday, May 26 and Bank Holiday Monday.
Returning for its 15th year, the special event will have everything from authentic Spanish food and French cheese to traditional gifts and jewellery.
Julia Davis of Ely Markets said: "We already have a fabulous selection of food, crafts and gifts every week, but this bank holiday the market will give you even more choice than ever.
"Whether it's Mexican churros, Spanish paella, Chimney Cakes or Baklava - we know you'll find something you can't resist."
Market visitors will also be able to buy gifts, homewares and more. Scented French soaps from Marseille, lavender from Provence and leather goods will all be up for grabs.
The Flavours of the World market runs from 8.30am until 3.30pm on Saturday and from 10am until 4pm on Sunday and Monday.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
Ely's weekly Craft, Food and Vintage Market and Farmers' Market is open as usual on the Market Place and Dolphin Lane on Saturday.