Flasher placed on sex offenders’ register
A FLASHER who exposed himself to two women in Ely has been placed on the Sex offenders Register.
And Alexander Webb will have to undergo treatment for sex offenders as part of his two-year probation order, and must pay �50 compensation to both his victims who were shocked and upset by his behaviour.
“The treatment is partly as a punishment, what you did was wrong; and partly to help you get over the issue you clearly have,” he was told by presiding magistrate David Bredin at Ely courthouse.
Last month Ely magistrates heard how Webb was twice caught exposing himself while sitting in his bright yellow car – on one occasion he was near the St John’s Road play area.
On May 20 a woman was walking in Tower Road when she saw Webb with his trousers open, and he was exposed.
“She was shocked and flustered,” said prosecutor Laura Mardell. “She was offended by what she saw.”
On June 7 Webb was parked near the play area when a woman walking her dog saw Webb’s trousers were down, and he was fully exposed.
- 1 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 2 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 3 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 4 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 5 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 6 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 7 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 8 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' following A1303 crash
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
“She was shocked by the incident because it was in broad daylight and there were children playing in the play park, but they would not have seen him,” added Miss Mardell.
Webb, 28, of Brook Lane, Stretham, whose partner is pregnant, had admitted two offences of exposure and was back in court this week to be sentenced.
Solicitor Jonathan Masters said Webb had suffered abuse as a child, and that had resulted in sexual problems.
He has been diagnosed with depression, and prescribed medication.
He produced letters to the court from Webb’s employer, his former partner, and his doctor.
“He has found he has to keep things under wraps to some extent,” he added.