Five stars for Ely Kebab House
- Credit: Archant
THE owners of a kebab house in Ely are celebrating after being awarded top marks for hygiene by the Foods Standards Agency.
Husnu and Arzun Ata opened Ely Kebab House, in Market Street, in 1997 and the takeaway quickly became a popular fixture at the heart of the city.
All food producing outlets are inspected regularly by officers from the agency and given a rating from zero to five stars, zero being ‘urgent improvement required’ and five stars being ‘very good’.
In its latest inspection, the restaurant was awarded five stars for the first time, one of only three takeaways in East Cambridgeshire to have achieved the highest rating.
Mr Ata said: “Hygiene is very important to us. Everybody here is given responsibility, whether it’s washing up or checking the fridges. It is hard work but we were very pleased to hear that we had been given five stars.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the national hygiene rating, http://food.gov.uk/policy-advice/hygieneratings/
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash