Five speeding tickets in 40 minutes during Witchford Road, Ely speed check
- Credit: Archant
Five speeding tickets were issued in just 40 minutes during a speed check on Witchford Road, Ely yesterday.
PC Guy Spencer and Special Constable Tom Howard who conducted the check said: “The first vehicle we pointed the detector at recorded a speeding vehicle.”
The five drivers who were reported for the offences could be penalised with three penalty points on their license, and a £100 fine.
Alternatively, if the driver is already carrying nine points, a driving ban could be invoked.
The fastest of the vehicles speeding was 45mph, with the other four vehicles travelling at 40mph or 39mph.
PC Howard said: “We regularly review the surveys that are conducted through our social media and through local interaction. We haven’t had one survey that didn’t rank the issue of ‘road safety’ as the highest local concern overall.
“Despite this, speeding vehicles remains a consistent issue. As a community we can control this by deciding not to drive above the speed limit.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 3 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 4 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 7 Woman dies following crash on A1303
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 10 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
“We need people to work together with us to resolve this issue.”