Five speeding tickets in 40 minutes during Witchford Road, Ely speed check
- Credit: Archant
Five speeding tickets were issued in just 40 minutes during a speed check on Witchford Road, Ely yesterday.
PC Guy Spencer and Special Constable Tom Howard who conducted the check said: “The first vehicle we pointed the detector at recorded a speeding vehicle.”
The five drivers who were reported for the offences could be penalised with three penalty points on their license, and a £100 fine.
Alternatively, if the driver is already carrying nine points, a driving ban could be invoked.
The fastest of the vehicles speeding was 45mph, with the other four vehicles travelling at 40mph or 39mph.
You may also want to watch:
PC Howard said: “We regularly review the surveys that are conducted through our social media and through local interaction. We haven’t had one survey that didn’t rank the issue of ‘road safety’ as the highest local concern overall.
“Despite this, speeding vehicles remains a consistent issue. As a community we can control this by deciding not to drive above the speed limit.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
“We need people to work together with us to resolve this issue.”