Five speeding tickets in 40 minutes during Witchford Road, Ely speed check
- Credit: Archant
Five speeding tickets were issued in just 40 minutes during a speed check on Witchford Road, Ely yesterday.
PC Guy Spencer and Special Constable Tom Howard who conducted the check said: “The first vehicle we pointed the detector at recorded a speeding vehicle.”
The five drivers who were reported for the offences could be penalised with three penalty points on their license, and a £100 fine.
Alternatively, if the driver is already carrying nine points, a driving ban could be invoked.
The fastest of the vehicles speeding was 45mph, with the other four vehicles travelling at 40mph or 39mph.
PC Howard said: “We regularly review the surveys that are conducted through our social media and through local interaction. We haven’t had one survey that didn’t rank the issue of ‘road safety’ as the highest local concern overall.
“Despite this, speeding vehicles remains a consistent issue. As a community we can control this by deciding not to drive above the speed limit.
- 1 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 2 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 3 Family banned from turning garage into dining room
- 4 Surgery’s renovation project takes next step forward
- 5 Cricket club's bid to be 'loud and proud' thanks to new ground
- 6 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 7 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Alisa, 17, on how refillable candle business went viral in just five months
- 10 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
“We need people to work together with us to resolve this issue.”