Five minutes with Tony Taylorson
Full name: Tony Taylorson Profession: Press officer at the Cambridgeshire County Council working with East Cambridgeshire District Council Birthplace: Alnwick, Northumberland What was the last book you read? That s Not my Puppy by Fiona Watt – my five m
Full name: Tony Taylorson
Profession: Press officer at the Cambridgeshire County Council working with East Cambridgeshire District Council
Birthplace: Alnwick, Northumberland
What was the last book you read?
That's Not my Puppy by Fiona Watt - my five month old son likes me to read it to him and anything else which has big pictures that he can try to grab.
Who would be your ideal four dinner guests (dead or alive)? Ricky Gervais, Eric Cantona, Cat Deeley, Brian Blessed.
- 1 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 4 Quick-thinking officer who stopped man jumping onto A14 honoured
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
- 7 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 8 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 9 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
What's the best advice you've ever been given?
Never be afraid to ask anything of anyone.
What do you like most about your job?
When I was young I used to pull things apart to find out how they worked and I think being a press officer is an extension of this. I like to know what is going on, why things are happening and how I can tell people about it.
Do you have a favourite film? There are plenty of films I have really liked and could watch again and again but if pushed, Raiders of the Lost Ark is my favourite. It is just brilliant - there are chases, bad guys and well...just about everything you could want in a film. I once met someone who hadn't seen it and that is frankly wrong.
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
I wanted to be a pilot with the Red Arrows
Is there an item you couldn't live without, if so, what?
A watch - I always feel a bit lost if I have forgotten it.
Is there a song/album or piece of music you always go back to? Faithless - Insomnia is a song that just makes you want to dance and I can't.
What's in your pockets right now: My mobile, car keys and a ticket from this year's World Darts Championship.