Five Minutes With - Brian Paddington
Full name: Brian Paddington. Profession: Self-employed mobile mechanic and artistic roller-skating coach for Ely Roller-skating Club. Birthplace: Winchester. What was the last book you read? Hot Money by Dick Francis. Not the best. Who would be your
Self-employed mobile mechanic and artistic roller-skating coach for Ely Roller-skating Club.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 5 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 8 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
What was the last book you read?
Hot Money by Dick Francis. Not the best.
Who would be your ideal four dinner guests (dead or alive)?
Winston Churchill, Steve Irwin, Nigel Mansell and Jasper Carrott. I wouldn't have to say a word.
What's the best advice you've ever been given? Brian, calm down. By someone younger than me (a lot younger).
What do you like most about your job?
The first one - working in the fresh air. The second one - children laugh on average 140 times a day and I see about 100 of those times.
Do you have a favourite film?
The Untouchables. Are the police like that now?
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A motorcycle racer, which I did do when I was younger - unfortunately, with the wrong mental attitude.
Is there an item you couldn't live without? If so, what?
My flipping glasses (I hate having to use them).
Is there a song/album or piece of music you always go back to?
John Lennon's Imagine. Sit back and listen.
What's in your pockets right now?
Small change, handkerchief, bunch of keys and phone (sad at my age). No glasses - lost them again.