Five Minutes With - Brian Paddington
Full name: Brian Paddington. Profession: Self-employed mobile mechanic and artistic roller-skating coach for Ely Roller-skating Club. Birthplace: Winchester. What was the last book you read? Hot Money by Dick Francis. Not the best. Who would be your
Self-employed mobile mechanic and artistic roller-skating coach for Ely Roller-skating Club.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
What was the last book you read?
Hot Money by Dick Francis. Not the best.
Who would be your ideal four dinner guests (dead or alive)?
Winston Churchill, Steve Irwin, Nigel Mansell and Jasper Carrott. I wouldn't have to say a word.
What's the best advice you've ever been given? Brian, calm down. By someone younger than me (a lot younger).
What do you like most about your job?
The first one - working in the fresh air. The second one - children laugh on average 140 times a day and I see about 100 of those times.
Do you have a favourite film?
The Untouchables. Are the police like that now?
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A motorcycle racer, which I did do when I was younger - unfortunately, with the wrong mental attitude.
Is there an item you couldn't live without? If so, what?
My flipping glasses (I hate having to use them).
Is there a song/album or piece of music you always go back to?
John Lennon's Imagine. Sit back and listen.
What's in your pockets right now?
Small change, handkerchief, bunch of keys and phone (sad at my age). No glasses - lost them again.