Five minutes with...
Full name: Betty Wilbraham. Profession: Retired teacher. Age: 83. Birthplace: Wharton, Lancashire. What was the last book you read? Mary Stott s biography Forgetting is no Excuse. Who would be your ideal four dinner guests (dead or alive)? Glenda
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 5 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 8 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 9 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 10 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
What was the last book you read?
Mary Stott's biography Forgetting is no Excuse.
Who would be your ideal four dinner guests (dead or alive)?
Glenda Jackson, Sarah Bernhardt, Tony Benn, Charlie Chaplin.
What's the best advice you've ever been given?
Try your best - you can't do more.
What do you like most about your job?
Helping children to develop their talents.
Do you have a favourite film?
Gone With The Wind.
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Is there an item you couldn't live without, if so, why?
My radio cassette player - it is my lifeline to sanity!
Is there a song/album or piece of music you always go back to?
Handel's Messiah - the aria "But thou didst not leave his soul in hell".
What's in your pockets right now?
Hankie and keys