Five minutes with...
Full name: Betty Wilbraham. Profession: Retired teacher. Age: 83. Birthplace: Wharton, Lancashire. What was the last book you read? Mary Stott s biography Forgetting is no Excuse. Who would be your ideal four dinner guests (dead or alive)? Glenda
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
What was the last book you read?
Mary Stott's biography Forgetting is no Excuse.
Who would be your ideal four dinner guests (dead or alive)?
Glenda Jackson, Sarah Bernhardt, Tony Benn, Charlie Chaplin.
What's the best advice you've ever been given?
Try your best - you can't do more.
What do you like most about your job?
Helping children to develop their talents.
Do you have a favourite film?
Gone With The Wind.
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Is there an item you couldn't live without, if so, why?
My radio cassette player - it is my lifeline to sanity!
Is there a song/album or piece of music you always go back to?
Handel's Messiah - the aria "But thou didst not leave his soul in hell".
What's in your pockets right now?
Hankie and keys