Five minutes with...
Full name: Betty Wilbraham. Profession: Retired teacher. Age: 83. Birthplace: Wharton, Lancashire. What was the last book you read? Mary Stott s biography Forgetting is no Excuse. Who would be your ideal four dinner guests (dead or alive)? Glenda
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
What was the last book you read?
Mary Stott's biography Forgetting is no Excuse.
Who would be your ideal four dinner guests (dead or alive)?
Glenda Jackson, Sarah Bernhardt, Tony Benn, Charlie Chaplin.
What's the best advice you've ever been given?
Try your best - you can't do more.
What do you like most about your job?
Helping children to develop their talents.
Do you have a favourite film?
Gone With The Wind.
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Is there an item you couldn't live without, if so, why?
My radio cassette player - it is my lifeline to sanity!
Is there a song/album or piece of music you always go back to?
Handel's Messiah - the aria "But thou didst not leave his soul in hell".
What's in your pockets right now?
Hankie and keys