Fitness fans exercise through the night as they support Soham’s Swimming Pool fitathon
NEARLY 100 fitness fans got involved in a 24-hour fitathon exercise event in Soham, to raise funds for the St Andrew’s Swimming Pool Association.
Hour by hour, supporters arrived at the Crown Garage to attend classes in everything from zumba and Jazzercise to step, circuit training, yoga and pilates.;
“It was a very successful event, and really great fun,” said vice-chairman of the Association, Sarah Newman. “Helen Bennett was the brave instructor who volunteered to go through the night, offering pilates, aerboics and yoga sessions.
“Some people came along and paid for a class, while others were sponsored. We really want to thank Crown Garage who offered the venue following their refurbishment, along with all the instructors who gave their time free of charge.”
Plans for the new pool, to be shared by St Andrew’s School and Weatheralls School, are now out to tender, and they are due back in by the end of the month. Any wishing to tender should call St Andrew’s School reception on 01353 720345.
You may also want to watch:
The swimming pool association’s next funding raising event is their annual summer ball on June 23 at The Brook. Tickets cost �30, including an auction, dancing to band Jigsaw, and a hot buffet. Tickets can be obtained from the schools.
- 1 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 2 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 3 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 4 Letters: No praise for Palmer, litter picker success and neglected roads
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 7 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 8 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 9 Family 'thrilled' as pair's lockdown locks raise charity cash
- 10 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride