Fitness fans exercise through the night as they support Soham’s Swimming Pool fitathon
NEARLY 100 fitness fans got involved in a 24-hour fitathon exercise event in Soham, to raise funds for the St Andrew’s Swimming Pool Association.
Hour by hour, supporters arrived at the Crown Garage to attend classes in everything from zumba and Jazzercise to step, circuit training, yoga and pilates.;
“It was a very successful event, and really great fun,” said vice-chairman of the Association, Sarah Newman. “Helen Bennett was the brave instructor who volunteered to go through the night, offering pilates, aerboics and yoga sessions.
“Some people came along and paid for a class, while others were sponsored. We really want to thank Crown Garage who offered the venue following their refurbishment, along with all the instructors who gave their time free of charge.”
Plans for the new pool, to be shared by St Andrew’s School and Weatheralls School, are now out to tender, and they are due back in by the end of the month. Any wishing to tender should call St Andrew’s School reception on 01353 720345.
You may also want to watch:
The swimming pool association’s next funding raising event is their annual summer ball on June 23 at The Brook. Tickets cost �30, including an auction, dancing to band Jigsaw, and a hot buffet. Tickets can be obtained from the schools.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online