Fish, chips and musical quizzes fun for Ely Inner Wheel
- Credit: Archant
April’s meeting of Ely Inner Wheel was a fish and chip supper held at the Old Dispensary.
The fundraising event was for the Spinal Injuries Association and included a well supported raffle and bring and buy sale.
Having enjoyed their fish and chips members then took part in musical quizzes which were very humorous and entertaining.
The business meeting then followed, planning future dates and forthcoming events. The most relevant of these is the annual International Charity Evening on May 25 at St Mary’s Church hall.
This will take the form of a buffet Supper with wine and a selection of home made desserts, all for £12 a ticket. All proceeds go to Sight Savers and there will be a talk and presentation by Dr David Kinnaird on the work of this important charity.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to support Inner Wheel on this occasion or wanting further information on joining the club please telephone 01353 615074.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry