First plans for �500,000 Ely service station revamp unveiled
PETROL giant BP has already set the wheels in motion on its new �500,000 refurbishment of a service station in Ely.
Plans for work on the Witchford Road station were submitted to East Cambridgeshire District Council this week, including preparations for the arrival of a Simply Food Marks and Spencer outlet.
The refurbishment is taking place as part of the sale of the property by Fenland entrepreneurs Jonathan and Rebecca James.
The James’ family owned James Graven group is also letting out its Littleport garage to new owners and the 45 staff employed at the two sites will transfer to new employers.
In its application to the council, architects for BP said: “Extensive market research has been carried out in selecting the sites considered suitable for marketing the Marks & Spencer quality food products.
You may also want to watch:
“To ensure the success of the M&S brand within the selected BP shops it is
necessary to introduce an element of new external Marks & Spencer standard
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 10 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
signage and adapt the existing Wild Bean Caf� brand signage.”
A full planning application, including details of new pumps and shop upgrades is expected within the next few months.
When work begins, the service station will also be fitted out with a Wild Bean Caf� and is expected to be close for three weeks while the work is carried out.