First pints are pulled at revamped pub
- Credit: © Tim George/ UNP 0845 600 7737
A popular Ely pub has reopened following a £262,000 facelift.
Ten new jobs have been created at Market Street venue The Hereward, which reopened to the public last Friday.
The pub is managed by Dave and Wendy Smith and welcomed fire eaters and jugglers – as well as the mayor of Ely, Councillor Lis Every - for its grand re-opening event.
Mr Smith said: “We will continue to offer great service and a quality food and drink offer.”
The pub is continuing with its cask ale selection with Greene King IPA on permanently and another four rotating local ales.
You may also want to watch:
The pub will open from 10am-11pm Monday to Thursday, 10am-1am on Friday and Saturday and midday to 11pm on Sunday.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues