First pints are pulled at revamped pub
- Credit: © Tim George/ UNP 0845 600 7737
A popular Ely pub has reopened following a £262,000 facelift.
Ten new jobs have been created at Market Street venue The Hereward, which reopened to the public last Friday.
The pub is managed by Dave and Wendy Smith and welcomed fire eaters and jugglers – as well as the mayor of Ely, Councillor Lis Every - for its grand re-opening event.
Mr Smith said: “We will continue to offer great service and a quality food and drink offer.”
The pub is continuing with its cask ale selection with Greene King IPA on permanently and another four rotating local ales.
You may also want to watch:
The pub will open from 10am-11pm Monday to Thursday, 10am-1am on Friday and Saturday and midday to 11pm on Sunday.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 3 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
- 8 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 9 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 10 Elections 2021: Polling Day across Cambridgeshire