First Captial Connect Train Services Cancelled After Body Is Found On The Line
Train services between Ely and King s Lynne were cancelled this morning after a body was found near a level crossing. Police and other emergency services were called to the scene of the incident at the Downham Market bypass at around 6am. A spokesman for
Train services between Ely and King's Lynn were cancelled this morning after a body was found near a level crossing.
Police and other emergency services were called to the scene of the incident at the Downham Market bypass at around 6am.
A spokesman for Network Rail said: "We were alerted to a body on the track near the Downham bypass level crossing. This is a road crossing with barriers. The body was not found on the crossing but in the vicinity."
British Transport Police said: "The deceased appears to have suffered injuries consistent with being struck by a train."
The death comes less than a week after network rail announced it would be building a �1.5 million footbridge alongside the crossing at nearby Downham Station because commuters were ignoring warning lights and crossing the lines when trains were coming. First Capital Connect, which runs the services between King's Lynn and London, said shuttle buses would operate between King's Lynn, Downham and Ely until the line was reopened.
INFO: anyone with information about this incident should call British Transport Police on 0800405040.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months