First Cambridgeshire EACH Colour Dash to brighten up King’s Ely this summer
- Credit: Archant
The grounds of King’s Ely are to receive a big splash of colour this summer following the news that charity East Anglian Children’s Hospices is to hold Cambridgeshire’s first Colour Dash at the school.
Following on from successful events across the region, East Anglian Children’s Hospices (EACH) is to bring its colourful race to East Cambs on Saturday August 13.
Colour dashes see participants race around a 5km course as they are showered with clouds of coloured powder – creating impressive multi-coloured results.
EACH Cambridgeshire Community Fundraiser, Peter Law, is excited to finally welcome the race to the county. He said: “We are thrilled to be launching tickets for our Cambridgeshire Colour Dash. These events are such an impressive sight and great fun for all the family.
“It’s not a race, you can run, jog or walk the 5km route – just be prepared to be covered in colourful powered paint by our Colour Pirates!
You may also want to watch:
“Places are limited so please book quickly to avoid disappointment and take advantage of our discounted early bird special offer.”
Tickets for the race are on sale now, with an early-bird discounted rate available until Wednesday June 22. Prices are as follows:
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
Adult (16 and over): £17.50 (Full price £20)
Child (5 to 15): £7.50 (Full price £10)
Under 5s: FREE
Family: £40 (Full price £45)
Team (10 people): £155 (Full price £170)
EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across East Anglia and supports their families. All the funds raised at this event will go towards providing these vital services.
To book your place, visit www.each.org.uk/colour-dashes or contact the Cambridgeshire Fundraising Team on 01223 204 916.