Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze on Reads Street, Stretham

Car deliberately set on fire on B1093 near to Marriots Drove, Whittlesey

Car deliberately set on fire on B1093 near to Marriots Drove, Whittlesey - Credit: Archant

Firefighters were called to Reads Street, Stretham at 2.59am this morning to a fire in the kitchen of a house.

Wearing breathing apparatus one crew from Cottenham and another from Ely extinguished the blaze using a hose reel.

They returned to their stations by 4.30am.

The cause of the fire was accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter