Firefighters prevent garage blaze from engulfing house
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters prevented a garage fire from spreading to a house in Haddenham on Sunday.
Crews from Sutton and Cottenham were called to a fire in a garage, in Orchard Way, Haddenham, at about 10.30pm.
A fire had broken out involving a large garden shed and double garage and firefighters used jets and hose reels to extinguish the fire.
The cause of the fire was accidental, by equipment.
Station commander Paul Clarke said: “On arrival, our crews faced a fully developed fire in a large garden shed that had spread to a double garage and was starting to spread to the eaves of the house.
You may also want to watch:
“Gas was also a risk to our firefighters as a large domestic tank was nearby, two cylinders were in the shed and the domestic supply had been damaged with flames issuing from the damaged pipe.
“The rapid intervention and skills of crews meant they dealt swiftly with all the risks as well as preventing further spread to the house and neighbouring double garage. A very good job was done by all involved.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody