Firefighters issue warning after barbecue spirals out of control and spreads to house
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service has issued a reminder to East Cambs residents to be mindful of fire safety when enjoying the sun after a barbecue caused a fire in Soham on Thursday.
Two crews from Soham were called shortly before 8.30pm to a fire in Mill Corner.
A barbecue was out of control and had spread to a house. Firefighters extinguished it using hose reels and returned to their stations by 9.30pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
A spokesman said: “It is important residents put fire safety at the front of their minds when enjoying the warm weather.
You may also want to watch:
“If you are having a barbecue, position it well away from your property, fences and foliage so that there is less chance of it spreading. Never pour accelerant on it and never leave it unattended.”
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor