Firefighters bale out and return to extinguish fire
FIREFIGHTERS put out a blaze in Sutton s straw burning plant – eight hours after it started. They were alerted to the fire at Elean Power Station in Sutton just before noon on Sunday. It was discovered that a metal conveyer, used to incinerate bales of st
FIREFIGHTERS put out a blaze in Sutton's straw burning plant - eight hours after it started.
They were alerted to the fire at Elean Power Station in Sutton just before noon on Sunday.
It was discovered that a metal conveyer, used to incinerate bales of straw, had caught fire.
They removed the bales until a small fire, with no risk of spreading, remained, but were unable to put out the fire completely because of the location of the straw and told power station staff.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters returned later that evening and left the scene at 8pm. The cause of the fire is still unknown.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning